Hello. Hello. I do hope you can read this. I've spent the week speaking Finnish and thinking in Mandarin. that's not true. But I've spent the week thinking about speaking Finnish and thinking in Mandarin. It didn't work out so well. So here's some interesting links/videos to make up for that.
- Broke my listicles resolution to read "10 Myths about Modern Advertising" by Sell! Sell! It was worth it.
- Martin Weigel's "Against Nostalgia". It's long. It'll make you squirm if you enjoy Buzzfeed or reminiscing about the "better" times. But that's the point.
- The only worthwhile post about Super Bowl ads. Written by a someone in Australia.
- Queen ants live up to 30 years. Not sure if you needed to know that but I found it fascinating.
- Dave Dye's excellent post about Tom McElligott. Tom was the McElligott in Fallon McElligott before they dropped his name for reasons no one can seem to comprehend. He also made some of the smartest written print ads in the 80s and 90s. (Including a Porsche ad about penis size.)
- There's a term for carrying out evil acts to become famous: Herostratus.
Excellent ad for the Sunday Times. (via Ben Kay)
Nice short film about the nature of love and soul mates. Done by an agency!
Also from Ben Kay. Brilliant talk about the nature of "writing" jokes or anything, really.
The entire soundtrack from "Her" if that's of any interest to you.